A proven and unique combination of learning principles and exercises, this widely respected book continues to get better! The fifth edition of Medical Terminology for Health Professions simplifies the process of learning hundreds of difficult, complex medical terms. The “see and say” pronunciation system makes pronouncing unfamiliar terms easy. Because word parts are such an important aspect of learning medical terminology, mastery of these “building blocks” is emphasized throughout the book.
Organized by body system, chapters begin with an overview of the structures and functions of that system so one can relate these to specialty, pathology, diagnostic, and treatment procedures that follow.
- Learning Exercises in each chapter have been reworked to require short written answers. This change reinforces learning and provides practice in writing and spelling these terms.
- Free StudyWARE™ software provides additional practice with interactive quizzes and activities that correlate with each chapter in the book.
- "Word Surgery" learning exercises in each chapter help learners master the skill of breaking down complex terms into word parts.
- Abbreviation tables in each chapter reinforce correct usage. Human Touch: Critical Thinking Exercise scenarios that involve patients and pathology help learners apply chapter materials to the real world.
- The Comprehensive Medical Terminology Review includes study tips, practice exercises, and a simulated final test to assist learners in preparing for the final examination.
Critical Thinking Exercise scenarios that involve patients and pathology help learners apply chapter materials to the real world.
No Risk Guarantee
Copyright ©2020 PMIC. All Rights Reserved.
Practice Management Information Corporation
4727 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 302
Los Angeles, CA 90010